Little Women

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Skirt: Thrifted (vintage) | Shirt: Thrifted | Bow: Thrifted | Shoes: Forever 21 
Purse: Thrifted (Coach) | Earrings: Forever 21

I don't know what it is but there has always been something about Little Women that has always drawn me in! Maybe it was because I grew up knowing the story, or that I watched the movies (all versions) regularly, or that I would always played "Little Women" with my two friends (who were sisters) growing up. Somehow we decided that every time we got together we either had to play Little Women or watch it (the 1994 version).
At some point when I was younger I finally read the book and then read "Little Men" and "Jo's Boys". I always loved the story of Little Women because it is one that I could relate to and be inspired by. I even managed to visit Louisa May Alcott’s house in Concord Massachusetts when my family and I visited Boston the Summer after I graduated High School.
I recently heard someone say that "Little Women is a story about nothing, but  about everything" and I couldn't agree more! Because when you look at it, it really is only a story about a family, but yet it is about love, loss, forgiveness, dreams, family and so much more!
Earlier this year PBS came out with a Little Women mini series that I absolutely fell in love with (I've seen it multiple times and could easily watch it again). Then this weekend a new modern adaption movie of Little Women came out and it was soooo good! It reminded me once again how much I love the classic story and why, and since it was a modern retelling it truly did show how the story applies to our modern day just as much as it did to the days when Louisa May Alcott wrote her famous book!

I think that Little Women will always be one of those stories (and books) that holds a special place in my heart because of all the lessons it teaching and the heartfelt inspiration it brings to life!

For this look I can't help but say I was a bit inspired by Little Women, especially because of this vintage skirt and the buttons on the side....it's very 1800's meets 2018:)
Are you a fan of Little Women?

-Madison

16 comments

  1. I feel like I should read Little Women because it's such a classic and everyone seems to love it, but I already know that a certain character who happens to have the same name as me by dies and I just... I'm having trouble pushing past that little fact to get myself to pick it up because I'm afraid it will just make me sad. :p

    On the topic of fashion, though, I really love that outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I LOVE Little Women. I read the book (abridged and unabridged), watched the movie, and fell in love with the March sisters. They were so relatable and down-to-earth. I think my favourite of the sisters was Jo because she was so outspoken and impulsive. She was rather mischievous, but she was also so creative and fun to be around! Little Women was definitely one of my childhood favourites.
    This is such a sweet, classy dress, and I like how your heels echo the yellow tones in the dress. So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice dress. You look amazing!! . Super cool designs. Keep up the great work.
    blue faded skinny jeans
    blue faded jeans men
    gunmetal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choose the color that is really matching with the other outfits you are wearing. Consider the style, model and brand for better fashion of your life style. You should know what kind of handbags you are going to bring to match the occasion.https://www.luxtime.su/louis-vuitton-handbags

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are some fashion tips that will provide you with various women fashion shoes of all occasions.
    rhinestones

    ReplyDelete
  6. While mid thigh lengths are alright, the best cut for most dresses and skirts during spring will be tenderly over the knee in spite of the fact that there is space for a little variety.Silk scarf

    ReplyDelete
  7. in the event that you are not very enthusiastic about business you can take up employments as retail administrators/officials in fashion houses and retail locations.cheap bundles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fashion advertising/promoting/purchasing and guaging in setting of each sort of wear be it the complex high fashion, prepared to-wear or for the mass market and road wear.cashmere stole

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another motivation to utilize the sack is they will permit an individual to express the fashion sense they have.https://baginning.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The online market has flourished recently and has its own set pattern influenced by both the worldly and online factors alike. In this light there are a few factors that may take the online shopping experience to a new level for you with a maximum benefit for you. Women Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks dear admin, I appreciate your effort, you have quality content on your website,
    I have bookmarked for future pursue. Keep it up Truly decent and intriguing post. I was searching for this type of information and delighted in perusing this one.
    Continue posting. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing
    Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up. very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.
    Click Here For More Details: https://poolsguider.com/best-above-ground-pools/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up. very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. Love & Co Wedding Band

    ReplyDelete
  14. The information is very useful. Thank you for sharing this amazing post, I really appreciate your work. keep going. happyramadankareem.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up.. click here

    ReplyDelete